Desi Bridget Jones Diary

Love, Life, Relationships and a touch of the Divine!

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Motivation 101

“Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.” – Steve Jobs

I’ve been going through a rather low spell in my life over the past few weeks. I felt like a failure and what aggravated it was a recent evening out with a former classmate who had achieved so much in life.  As the evening progressed, I felt even more terrible as I compared my life to his and I recall saying some things about myself and my current state that weren’t very complimentary at all. However, not once did he say anything negative about himself – although I do know he’s gone through a tough time personally.  Which got me thinking “If I don’t think and speak well about myself, why would anyone else”?  I heard the very same words echoed in this ted talk that I stumbled onto the very next day.
After watching the movie on Steve Jobs, the one thing that struck me was how much of a failure he would have been if he’d stuck it out in some big IT company – not because he was a failure but because he didn’t fit into a corporate culture which is all about managing your boss and ‘perceptions’.  Can you imagine – Steve Jobs would have been a low level frustrated employee who would never have got promoted because he didn’t get along well with people or toe the line.  Thankfully he didn’t buy into the feedback and believed in himself.

While that is very inspiring, the flip side is that Steve Jobs had the vision, the drive and the gumption to strike out and start something on his own.
Do you?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brigit: Let’s just say the spirit is willing, but the wallet is weak
God:  Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added unto you.

Brigit: I’m seeking! I’m seeking! Kingdom where art thou? Do send thy Mercedes Benz to take me up the driveway.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home